Internal Medicine: Endoscopic Procedures
Endoscopy is the use of specialized video cameras to evaluate areas within the body in a minimally invasive manner. In most instances, endoscopy is performed for diagnostic purposes allowing visualization and sampling of abnormalities.
If your veterinarian believes your pet may benefit from an endoscopic procedure, they may refer you to schedule an appointment for evaluation with our Small Animal Internal Medicine service. Our doctors are skilled in endoscopic techniques and have the instruments necessary to perform specialized endoscopic procedures such as:
- Respiratory tract endoscopy (rhinoscopy, tracheoscopy, bronchoscopy)
- Upper GI tract endoscopy (esophagoscopy, gastroscopy, duodenoscopy)
- Lower GI tract endoscopy (colonoscopy, ileoscopy)
- Urinary and genital tract endoscopy (cystoscopy, urethroscopy, vaginoscopy)
- Abdominal endoscopy (laparoscopy)